Monthly Archives: September 2014

Antique Pedal Car Restoration-Dent Removal and Repair

 

I was tasked with restoring and antique pedal car that used to be my uncle’s.    The car was not in great condition, so I had it sandblasted.  you can see from the picturebelow what it used to look like.

photo 1

 

The car was in pretty bad shape, with dents all over it, and the steering and linkage systems were basically trashed.   I will post the pictures of what it looked like before and after I removed the rustoleum that was covering it as soon as I find them.

In order to get the dents out, I purchased a Hammer and Dolly set.  A dolly is basically a shaped piece of forged steel that you push up on the low parts with while hammering down the high parts, and it smooths out beautifully.IMG_1276 IMG_1277

IMG_1281
IMG_1278
IMG_1279
IMG_1282IMG_1280 IMG_1283

IMG_1275

There are still a few smaller dents that I cant really reach, so I am currently researching a powdercoatable metal filler to use.  Updates to come!

The Nightsaber of Ultimate Truth: Part 1

 

 

 

 

I have nearly finished machining the parts for my newest saber, the Nightsaber of Ultimate Truth!  This is a commission for the SCUL gang.   The Pommel, blade guard, and hilt adornments are all machined from brass.
IMG_1266IMG_1265

This is the brass pommel and the aluminum connector. I machined this entirely by eye, and the main power switch will sit in the bottom of this.


IMG_1261

This is the main compartment in the hilt with a cutout for the button panel.  I realized that making a panel that all of the switches are attached to is much easier than drilling individual holes for each switch

IMG_1263

The battery compartment is made of a section of Chrome sink tube.   Simple enough.

IMG_1272 IMG_1271 IMG_1270 IMG_1269

IMG_1268The above pictures are the switch and color selector assembly.  I dont have any process pictures because I misplaced my memory card while I was assembling it.  Once the electronics boards have been completed I will be putting up a post on my new Open Source Saber Project.

IMG_1259 IMG_1258

 

Finally, this is the blade holder, heatsink, and blade guard.  I will be posting some pictures of the assembled piece once I put it back together.

Follow

Get every new post on this blog delivered to your Inbox.

Join other followers: